When our smiles are less than perfect, it’s natural to want to find ways to improve them. The answer is often obvious for major concerns, such as missing teeth or major misalignments. Less obvious, however, is what to do when you have multiple small issues. Chips, cracks, minor misalignments, or gapping may not seem worth addressing individually. This is where dental veneers come in. Dental veneers are a single solution that can address multiple problems simultaneously. Laser Dental Bakersfield delivers this treatment for those seeking an all-in-one solution.
Discover Dental Veneers At Laser Dental Bakersfield
You may be wondering what dental veneers are and how they can address all these issues at the same time. This treatment starts with removing a thin layer of enamel from the surface of your teeth and placing a thin cover known as a ‘veneer’ over your teeth. This layer can obscure multiple concerns, including discoloration, misshapen teeth, small gaps, and minor misalignments. They are generally cosmetic but can effectively repair chipped or broken teeth.
Five types of veneers are available today:
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain has a translucent quality that perfectly mimics the appearance of natural teeth. This quality, combined with its durability and ability to be color matched to your teeth, makes it the gold standard for veneer-based restorations. They can last as long as 15 years and don’t cause damage to gingival tissue. They are also the most expensive type of veneer and suffer from being expensive to repair should they become damaged.
- Composite Veneers – Composite veneers are a quick and affordable alternative to porcelain. They can be put in place in a single visit and are resistant to chipping. However, they also don’t last as long as porcelain veneers. Thankfully, this is counterbalanced by their being easy to repair.
- Palatal Veneers – Palatal onlays are a veneer style that’s used for anterior (rear) teeth when they’ve become impacted by severe dental erosion or decay. They’re less common than the other veneers due to their lack of visibility.
- Lumineers – Somewhere between porcelain and composite veneers, you’ll find lumineers. These ultra-thin veneer forms are more natural-looking than composites and less expensive than porcelain veneers. They also require the removal of less enamel due to their thinner nature. This thinness also makes them easier to chip, but they can last for decades with proper care.
- Removable/Temporary veneers – This is a form of veneer that can be clipped in place and removed at the patient’s leisure. This design makes them convenient but also more prone to being damaged while being less natural looking.
See Dr. Jeannie A Molato To Choose Your Dental Veneers
The Laser Dental Bakersfield team is dedicated to providing multiple options for addressing your dental concerns. Dental veneers are an increasingly popular form of dental restoration, especially among those looking for fast results. Reach out to our office in Bakersfield, CA, by calling (661) 885-9054 and scheduling your consultation with Dr. Jeannie A Molato today! It’s your first step on the road to a future with a bright and beautiful smile!